L2 Nugget build

the cable comes out almost in the centre of the car. 7mm bolt hole and 21mm cable hole. In the vertical plane it is central on the pressed steel recess.

3 Likes

Thank you, that helps a lot! Now to figure out what I’ll use to cut it.

1 Like

measure from where strut tower meets the fire wall.

2 Likes

@Mr_Gormsby thanks for the pics Rob! Just gotta borrow a holesaw so that I can cut that hole in.

I ended up cutting up the arm off the manual pedal assembly and bolting it all up.

Just free hand with an angle grinder, so much easier when you have the right tools.

Finished product

3 Likes

Damn it’s been 7 months since I’ve touched the car haha

After some help, can someone tell me whether this is a driver or passenger side LCA?

I know you already got your answer on FB but I must ask did you get everything for 4x100 conversion and going ahead with it?
I only ask as I have made some discoveries that may help if you havent got a jack shaft or custom cv yet.

I have put an an L251 gearbox in my L251 and have gone a 4x114.3 setup for the front. I have onlt dont the passenger side atm and have it set up and dont want to pull it apart again.
That being the case the cv chaft I used may fit what you need and that was a CV shaft from an L251 (ej engine). I tried keeping the 4x110 with the L200 shaft and it was too short, but the L251 shaft was a bit longer and I had to get other Lca’s to fit. They are not daihatsu but the same slip on setup as the L200. It would be a guess but I think the L251 cv shaft would work with the L7 lca as well. I do have one of my lca’s out of the car so I could measure that for you if you would like to know if they are the same length? Just let me know.

Yeah you and the guys helped on FB, if anyone is wondering it’s a RHS lca.

I’ve got that jackshaft :slight_smile:

But the info you provided will be good for anyone else planning a conversion. I just need to pull the finger out of my arse and get back working on it

1 Like

Finally getting off my arse to work on the nugget, L700 LCA and L700 hub installed. Just realised that I’ve misplaced the crown nut for the LCA, will hopefully be able to source one from a Sirion.

3 Likes