Thought I’d merge this across to the Project side.
The main goal of the car is to have fun at some track days, and have friendly competition with mate with similar power-to-weight ratio cars (Proton GTi and S1 RX7). After owning and tracking a 300kw Evo VI - it is going to be a massive change!
The Upgrade list so far:
- Coilovers & Guard Roll (BC Racing)
- Wheels & Tyres
- Minor Bracing (Boot/C-pillar Brace)
- Minor Stereo Improvements (Headunit and front speakers)
- Debadged & Storia Rear Garnish
- Throttle Cable tightened (helped more than I expected)
- Supersprint 4-1 Headers (And lightweight exhaust mod, over-axle section fell off)
- D-Sport Rotors, Project U pads, D-Sport Braided Lines, Motul Fluids (didn’t help a great deal)
Still to Come:
- Storia Touring ECU
- New radiator
- Oil Cooler (+thermostated block)
- Race Seat + relocating it rearward and lower
- remove some interior parts
- minor intake mods
- engine rebuild (pending what items are available for the engine)
- oil temp/pressure gauge
- Better Braking Improvements (262mm rotors / calipers etc)
The first outing will be at Mallala on the 20th of August.
Since this is a demanding circuit on brakes, I have incoming: braided lines, rotors and pads that should be up to the task. I’ve not yet done anything about the rear braking setup as I’m not sure which rear drum it has as a lot of sites reference different widths. I probably won’t do much here - hoping that the fronts will do most of the work.
Along with the braking, the other items I hope to get done before the 20th Aug are: ECU, exhaust & seat modifications (possibly a low-mount rail and friends LS (Proton GTi) Recaro.