TIres, suspension and chassis

@Mr_Gormsby are you viewing on PC or smartphone?

Hp zbook with their highest res screen

For those interested, I finished a prototype of the App last year, it can be viewed at www.krtuna.com
There is still alot of work to do but I simply haven’t had the time. If anyone would like to get involved in the project let me know. Some extra help coding would be awesome.

2 Likes

The site seems to be down?

Yeah I was Monitoring site traffic and kinda gave up on it. It wasn’t very popular, I didn’t see the point in maintaining it if nobody used it.

I had big plans to develop it further but doesn’t seem like it’s worth the time and effort.

If your German is any good go buy a copy of Fahrdynamik in Perfektion by Wofgang Weber, it will contain all the info you need plus extra. I don’t think there is an English version unfortunately.

2 Likes

That’s a shame but i understand why. Your better of spending your precious time on the m100 build :wink: my german is not that great but i was planning on learning it. Would you say a novice german speaker would be able to read it?

Edit: found the book! Looks really promising and just what I’m after :slight_smile:

a lot of the technical words are similar to Dutch or English, if you have any kind of technical background it shouldn’t be a problem.

I should be working on the M100, but I don’t really have proper access to a workshop at the moment and I am also attending Meisterschule fulltime, so I have been focusing on smaller projects and YouTube:

The M100 is pretty stable at the moment anyway, I just gotta rebuild the rear shocks and I am more or less ready for the season. I don’t think there will be any major upgrades this year unless something breaks.

2 Likes

I don’t really have a technical background but I am a fast learner :wink: The sirion looks amazing, I really love the work you’ve put into it. Just last month I saw a AWD drivetrain for the m300 being sold locally. I really wanted to buy it but know from your build that i will probably not be ready for that kind of work xD maybe one day I’ll find another one, I don’t recall al AWD m300 ever being sold to the dutch market so i have no idea how it even got here in the first place

That’s an impressive compressor. I just use a bicycle track pump and a good handheld pressure gauge. Typically I run about 26psi and normally only go down or bleed pressure off as the day warms. A couple of psi up at either end to balance the car does not take long with the bike pump. But I am taking two sets of wheels to each event at the moment plus the wheels on the car, so until I get a car trailer to tow the Liberty to events with my 4WD space in the car itself is a premium with all the stuff I am taking. A compressor like yours though would mount so nicely in a toolbox under the 4wd tray.

@Mr_Gormsby thanks!

Space is also a premium in the sirion, but I didn’t have any way of increasing pressure before. I am still experimenting with the slicks, if I were to let too much pressure out I couldn’t correct it.

We had the old bmw compressor laying around the workshop, one day were were using the baby oxy and they were sitting along side each other and it just clicked.

Things then escalated quickly haha
Also making use of the 3D printer, it’s turned out to be real handy for these types of projects.

@Mophius I think you’ll pick it up pretty quick, a lot of similarities between German and Dutch, and the book explains things pretty well.

1 Like

@morphius I haven’t seen an M3awd first hand, but I have carefully inspected pictures back when I was facing problems with aftermarket shock absorber availability. From memory everything looked the same apart from the trailing arms, which were pressed instead of cast, and accepted a shock with an eyelet instead of a Clevis like the M1 (M3 trailing arms were looking very promising at the time as a Solution to fit some available shocks, but I never found a pair to test)

I believe there were sold mostly in eastern countries, as most of the parts I found were located in Baltic countries, but I’m pretty sure they were sold in Germany too. I remember seeing the odd one on eBaykleinanzeigen, but pretty rare.

I have seen a fwd m3 first hand, and I would say the conversion would be very similar to the M1, if you ever decided to do something like that.