Sirion m100 daily build

well I finally got the trifecta today: all the parts I need, the time to do it, and lastly the motivation. Today I designed my new cold air intake with the knowledge I got off Mr Gormsby and mick.

Phase 1: Control
I mapped out a short test road around the block that included the only incline on a road for like a 50+km radius of my house. Got a feel for how the car performed in different gears at different points around the “track.”

Phase 2: out with the old and in with the new.
3467319E-8B42-4D2F-99E0-70516FB1A7AF
Haha Yea I couldn’t find all my bends in the beginning so just made this work to test the theory. So closed the bonnet and off I went up the hill. First impression pulling in 3rd gear was good, marginal put good. Oh and it sounded better :grin:. I didn’t get above 30km/h as the bonnet wasn’t held down at all.

Phase 3: take two
Found all the bits and managed to route it so the cone filter was down low in front of the engine to get the most cold air and get the pipe as long as possible.
D7465AD0-DC7F-41AA-9A9E-D287EDDD90C2

F67BE46A-60F4-487C-8E88-DC6728B70D27

Came out alright I feel. Doing the 3rd gear pull up the hill was inconclusive as the difference may of just been my sloppy technique on the clutch. But taking off from a intersection like normal it appears the get up the 50km/h not just faster but with more oomph. It does feel a lot nicer.

Phase 4: finishing touches
I will run with this set up for awhile to see how it holds up. While also looking into upgrading to a larger TB (any ideas?) and finding a more appropriately sized pipe to Match the TB in alu or s/s. Until then watch this space.

2 Likes