Thought I’d finally put up a thread for the old girl.
I had just picked it up off a Japanese backpacker (thanks yuta, hope I’ll see you in Japan one day and come visit you like you asked) from down south in w.a. I had cleaned it, binned the old steering wheel covered in gunk and changed the shifter to something more comfortable.
Carried out some major servicing, all the fluids, lights and tappet adjustment done.
Got sidetracked mid way and tried to fit some 15x8 with 0 offset
That’s a solid not happening.
Timing and drive belts, new leads, plugs and fuel filter and it was beginning to feel alot nicer to drive.
Removed the side black moulding, I didn’t like it. Heat gun and patience makes this a pretty easy job. Recommend a Polish afterwards too to rid of the leftover stains.
Got my white smol steering wheel and decided to fully strip the interior to clean carpets, remove dash and binned the heater core, fixed the heater box and replace the dash speakers with working ones
Pinstriped my taillights a few days later, I actually don’t mind it
Made a model of the rear boot to maybe fit a false floor into it one day to rid of some weight. Also decided to remove entire front to fix up some loose parts and fit a cheeky air horn.
Put some stickers on, repping the L2D front, back and on the dash, plus some anime stuff cause I’m a cretin. Found a massive crack in the manifold on attempted removal to reseal the sump. So I got a set of headers and got a full custom setup made, 1.75 pretty much straight through and blast pipes that hang outside the bumper. Now affectionately known as the shin f##ker. It was going to be a single hot dog, but after a test drive around the block and the TRG coming for me with shotguns I decided on more quiet. 3 total hotdogs now reside in the exhaust. Retains pops and crackles excellently and no resonance at speed, while being louder. (I’ll link the video if requested, but there’s a bit of explicit language going on)
Fitted some brand new indicator lenses and housings, painted the timing cover bright blue and swapped the top hat air filter for something a bit more cool/breathable
Now it’s sitting in the garage after moving house, begging for me to get my act together and sandblast the rims I have for it so I can bin the steelies, and the dizzy had been removed to replace the o-ring causing a nice oil leaks down the back of the engine. I haven’t driven it in probably 5 weeks and I’m hanging to drive it again real soon.
Next on the list will be some chasis bracing, replacing the door cards so they won’t cut my arms up when I rest them on it (hmu if local and have some good ones) some coil over inserts/sleeves, THE WHEEEELS, and eventually when number 2 decides it wants to stop dakking and the engines goes caput I’ll be removing and rebuilding with an amr300/500 supercharger to it. May need advice on this later as to what people do to make it not prematurely implode after adding some boost.
Sorry for the wall of text and images but this has been going on for 6-8 months. Smaller more regular updates to start now I’m back ontop of everything in my new house.
TLDR; ,did things, I’m still a piece of garbage.