My Sirion M101

Hello everyone!!

I’m something disconnected here… It has been complicated by the virus.

I only leave you a little video of my little sirion while I wait to be able to return to the tracks.

9 Likes

Awesome video and it looks very fun and that engine sounds really good.

A fun watch. As you get settled and the car improves you can see the driving and lines smooth out a lot. Well done

It looks like you need a car seat that supports you better than the factory seat. You look to be holding yourself up with the steering wheel while trying to navigate corners.
Other than that it looks like awesome fun.

Just found this thread. Really enjoying reading it and watching the car improve with all the changes being made.
I’m jealous of you guys having so many racetracks close to you where you can enjoy your Dais. We don’t even have a single track in the whole country.

1 Like

What country is that?

Malta. We’ve got a drag strip and some hillclimb events, but no circuits. Some people go up to Sicily to race but when you factor in the ferry, accommodation etc it ends up way too expensive to do it regularly.

2 Likes

Have a go at the hillclimb. Just yesterday I did our local hillclimb, I’ve been hooked on it for a few years. At first I thought such short runs would not be as good as track days but found it better in some ways and I now prefer it to track (which can be ridiculously expensive here).

3 Likes

I’d love to do a hillclimb one day but I’ve always been put off by the high budget all the other competitors seem to have. Most have gone over to single seaters or turbo 4wd saloons making me in a Daihatsu looking like a fish out of water. Apart from that, with no tracks, testing any adjustments you make to your car can be a bit tricky (or illegal).

2 Likes

don’t worry about the other teams, go out there and have fun

All I can tell you is it’s easy to getting lost in a pile of modifications, just get it in the track and compete against your own times. Even if you have a slow car, concentrate on consistency and reliability.
Besides a Daihatsu always gets heads turning as much as a sr20det with an external wastegate

4 Likes

Just did the NSW hillclimb championship round in Grafton competing only just yesterday. NA 1989 Subaru GX Stationwagon and they put me in with full-on late-model tarmac awd turbo tarmac rally cars. Ended up fourth out of five cars. Quite away behind first who was 50.5 and I was 53.8. But mine was a crowd favorite being one of the few cars with no roll cage and looked like a road car. In some time splits I was fastest in the twisty bits as the big power cars are to unsettled and the NA is easy to drive on the throttle.

2 Likes

oh wow that is a great track I have driven my swift on that track but just cruise as I was with the graft vintage car club at the time :slight_smile:

1 Like

Hello, I am writing to you from Poland. I am looking for an ITB with 4 separate throttles for a naturally aspirated 3SZ engine, I noticed that you have adapters for such engines, what throttles should be used there? maybe you have such a set with air trumpets and dampers?