My EJ-DE L200 Topless

Had a day off work today, started redoing rear trims, 3mm ply and 3mm foam glued to it so far, letting it set overnight before covering with material previously pictured :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I will take pics of mounts of move seats over the weekend so you have an idea. there is a bracket that gets bolted to the floor at the back so they latch in.

1 Like

New rear trims :slight_smile: 3mm ply with Glitter Black vinyl covering them

4 Likes

looking good :smile:

1 Like

thats very nice :slight_smile:

1 Like

Few more parts have turned up and were fitted this morning, many thanks @evilhighway

comparison of rears and fronts

2 Likes

Before and after pics

5 Likes

Nice work it looks better :+1:

Usually i don’t like lowered cars. But it does look a lot better!

as some of you lnow, I bought a seized EJ from my local wreckers for $50 with the thoughts of building a high compression screamer using K3-VE2 pistons to bump up the compression, same 72mm specs as the EJ ones but with little to no dish, thanks for the information @evilhighway well worth knowing :smiley: engine was stripped down over the course of a few weeks as lots of fun trying to undo the crank bolt, ended up laying it along a couple of sawhorses and tied down with a ratchet strap to get said crankbolt undone :laughing::laughing::laughing::expressionless::expressionless: once done head was taken off and many shudders had as i saw cylinders 2 & 3 filled with water, 3 days of soaking the bores in diesel and i was able to get the pistons freed and completely strip the bottom end, unfortunately finding out that the water had been in there a while and had started to corrode the bore in No. 2 :frowning: took the block to a local engine shop and was told it needs a 40 thou ( 1mm) rebore to be cleaned up enough to use, total cost for rebore and decking block and head plus oversized pistons and rings is just short of $800 :open_mouth: Then along comes facebook with an ad for an EF-DET turbo setup running on a stock EJ, owner was contacted and dollars exchanged and i am now the owner of it :slight_smile: 50hp here i come :+1::+1: quick mock fit and one would think it was made for the car.

Still have to get a small front mount intercooler and run the piping for it but super happy so far :smiley:

7 Likes

Sorry it’s been 6 months since the last update, been a few good and bad things happen to Tefiti, will try to remember everything :slight_smile:
September saw the front lower control arms replaced with new Protec ones bought off Live to Dai facebook page for $50 pair, scored well i thought :+1: :+1:
found an old cattle loading ramp for a pic

bumped into the son of a good mate i’ve known for 30 years and found out not only has he grown up and is a licenced diesel fitter and trying to get a business off the ground, he can also WELD!!! a skill i have never learned :frowning:
Sorry Not Sorry for the small business plug but Damian has skills :open_mouth:

anyhow back to Tefiti, both sides where the rear windows were, were cleaned up and welded together, good thing too as the inner panel had started to tear from flexing around :open_mouth:

also had the spare wheel tiedown point re-attached

1 Like

Went back to see Damian at Apeman & Janes in November to get more welding done :wink:

3 Likes

still looks like it’s stock :wink:

As you can see the EF-DET turbo kit fits perfectly without having to cut any part of the bumper, one note though is the top mount intercooler sits too high due to the extra height of the EJ compared to the original EF-EL, sorry didn’t get a pic of that :frowning: For ease of fitment and the fact I had to go to work in about 5 hours, I just went with a pipe straight from turbo to throttle body, incorporating the factory blow off valve in the setup

It’s a 3 port valve, and i found out the large breather tube from the front of the rocker cover goes into it, but the airflow is actually separate, running under the bov air release until the exit :open_mouth:

8 Likes

hi, are you running this on a stock internal EJ-DE? is everything holding together?
planning on doing this myself soon and would like to know the ins and outs if you have the time :wink:

I believe this is back to a N/A engine now the turbo setup did not last long on the stock ecu from memory.

yep, it’s back to N/a as an adjustable cam gear I used disintegrated into 20 odd pieces. the stock ecu hated it above 4500rpm with ping and cough and rattle and wasn’t happy at all, best to use a standalone ecu as the stock one is locked

3 Likes

[quote=“Mokeman, post:55, topic:439”]…Went to a local swap meet, mostly old holden and ford stuff…[/quote]Sorry, if this goes too far off-topic. But, a Kiwi on Youtube is in urgent need of an Australian Ford’s 6-cylinder engine for a conversion into an American van. The vehicle is nearly in museum shape and therefore it would be sad to see it irreversably butchered with plan B’s V-8 conversion. If anybody here could kindly help, this is where he could be found: The Mystery Machine??? - YouTube