L60 overkill

Finally got my handivan moving on it own :smile: after such a long time.
Still got a bit of work to go to get it all finished, but slowly moving forward. Main things to get done are paint and finish my trim.

So I stuffed a V6 5 speed into it so I can use it as a road car, and be able to take it to tracks and see what I can get over a quarter in it.

I have fabbed and adapted everything in the car. I have also tried to keep custom parts to a minimum. Makes it easier to get parts no matter where you are if you use mainstream parts.

Been fun taking it out on little test trips around the block so far :smiley: seems a little skittish but easy to point where you want

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U6KPhDbgYA8

Front suspension is a vn commodore k-frame shortened and mated to the stock rack and struts.
Rear suspension is stock vn diff shortened using stock vn lower arms and custom triangulated top arms. Running 3.08 gears and lsd center
All brakes are stock VN discs using the standard booster and master cylinder to operate.
Front tyres are 195/45/15 running on 6.5" rims
Rear ryres are 235/45/17 running on 7.5" rims
Engine is a stock VX 3.8l V6 ecotech with a mild cam running a standard commodore 5 speed
Track and wheelbase has been kept as standard

7 Likes

Holy Snap!

I think I watched all your youtube’s the other day. Look forward to see what times you get down the 1/4 and if you can legally get it on the road. I have thought about doing this many times to my 1984 suzuki swift.

Be a bit more room in the swift :smile: Mind you I’d prob look for a AWD drivetrain to put under a swift .

I’ll have to get it running a bit better and take a couple more vids

1 Like

Finished the exhaust off today . Didn’t expect it to quiet it done so much, but happy with the result. Need to cut and twist one side to make it look right

4 Likes
2 Likes

Pic of the rear end :slight_smile: Need to straighten the right side up before it drives me insane

2 Likes

anybody want any pics of anything let me know

4 Likes