L200 EF-ED FPR + Injector question

Hey Everyone

I borrowed some Trxx injectors from a mate and the car run excellent on about 50psi fuel pressure, it boosted hard and didnt struggle/have flat spots. I have since given those injectors back, and purchased some GT starlet turbo ones, but the car would not run at all with them (too much fuel???) question is… how do I use these injectors with only just an FPR and AFR gauge… adjustability wise… lower fuel pressure??

68621868_296007277909926_3662964580675485696_n|666x500

Hi,

Glad you have decided to join us. Many people drop in from time to time for help with a problem. There are many here that can answer all sorts of questions. Perhaps you could become part of that community by spending time here and letting the rest of us get to know you. There might be someone here with an answer to your question. Some of the greatest minds here are just a bit afraid of strangers and may not be quick to come forward with an answer. To speed up an answer to a question and to get an answer of sufficient quality to be useful we the team suggest you post a bit of an introduction. We like to see at least one pic of your Dai and some info on what you do with your car or are intending to do.

Regards,

Gormsby

1 Like

My name is Dylan, 23, IT professional. I own 2 L200 Mira’s. Here’s a pic of my daily L200 turbo. I’ve removed the sticker bomb off the guards. EF-ED frankenstein, Has WRX seats, cat back exhaust, trxx turbo kit, RRFPR, turbosmart boost gauge.

Hoping to contribute to the dai community and learn more, I’ve owned about 4 or 5 Daihatsu’s.

2 Likes

Welcome to the L2Dai family. Family help family. I am sure someone will be able to help with your question.

I don’t know anything about Starlet injectors, are they the same impedance?

Looking forward to hearing and seeing more.

1 Like

I am using 340cc injectors in mine and I have adjusted using fpr with afr but really not ideali now use greddy blue to adjust. Needs fine tuning but works.

2 Likes

Cool I Just put them back in and they work but I had to lower the fuel pressure to 30psi is this ok or too low?

its all test and try

1 Like

Do you have a wide band O2 gauge? I run the fuel pressure so at WOT I am about 12:1.

1 Like

It’s on the way. I didn’t wanna splurge $300 on one just yet although it’s a no brainer as I sure don’t want to Be running lean. I just wanted to confirm if lowering the fuel pressure is an issue but it makes sense if you’ve got bigger injectors

3 Likes

EGT gauge too is useful and was what we used to use before the price of O2 widband made them access-able.

what is the egt guage mr G I never really played around properly until I had wideband o2. @DylanMaynus wideband is really a must it will get you very close to what it should be. Just make sure you have no leaks in your exhaust b4 the sensor or it will give you a false reading like mine currently does. I know what mine was b4 the leak so I’m not too concerned. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Exhaust gas temp or pyrometer. Temp peaks at 14.7/1 but falls off when rich or lean, yes falls off when lean. The readings are not instantaneous but still helpful. I’ve only ever run a single probe, but the best info is having one in each exhaust runner as close as possible to the valve. I do have a full set up for data logging multiple points but, sigh, never enough time and to many ideas.

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum Dylan :slight_smile: Fuel pressure is around 40-45 psi factory settings, some use a rising rate fuel pressure regulator and wide band with some success, has your fuel pump been upgraded at all?

1 Like

Thats actually a really good point that @Mokeman has made I found that my stock fuel pump did not allow enough flow of fuel. The pressure was there but not the flow.
Here is a short vid of what was happening on dyno with the stock fuel pump. you can see up the top the pressure was just above 50psi but its the silver ball moving downwards that indicates the flow from the pump was decreasing with acceleration and boost.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HSDtG212IsM

I have since changed to a kemso pump which are about $50 on ebay and I got one for a subaru imprezza or something similar.

1 Like
1 Like

I fitted a WRX pump into the TRX L200 with the JB-DET, picked up pump for $20 (used), the stock pump was for carby turbo and just didn’t cut it past idle.

2 Likes

Yes I have upgraded the fuel pump to a Kemso 255 I believe it is. Seem’s to go great at around 30psi fuel pressure at the moment on 7psi boost.

3 Likes

The Kemso is what I have. Very pleased. Extra capacity above the 255 would be unnecessary and must create heat and warm the fuel.

1 Like