K3-VET questions

Hi Guys!

I got the chance to buy a k3vet at a good price to replace my current k3ve2. Before proceeding I want to ask the experts some things, mainly if the cams of the ve2 can be mounted on the vet and if this will bring some advantage.

Regarding the ecu, we were installing a megaquirt, but this engine comes with its original ecu, could continue with the megasquirt or place the original ecu + a piggyback.

What do you think?

2 Likes

not sure about the cams etc but with the ecu you would get more out of the megasquirt in my opinion.

1 Like

the ECU’s on the Aus sirion GTVI contains the security key coding, , so if you change the ecu you will need to change your ignition key or disable the security key somehow. The megasquirt would be my choice, but you may have to calibrate all/some of the sensors manually. I ran a Charade Air temp sensor on my non-dai rally car for a while and had to play around with the calibrations to get the readings in the ballpark. The GM sensors are just a drop down and select option.
Still cant fault the megasquirt though, just upgraded my dash from a 7" $60 tablet to a 10.1" $100 tablet. Using shadow dash I can configure whatever gauges I want to see, have alternate dashes for tuning and fault finding and you can datalog. With Tunerstudio and shadowdash if you choose, you will have all the tunability you could want and more importantly visibility of what all the sensors are doing when things go a bit awry

1 Like

The wiring loom for the k3-vet also differs, the plugs to the ecu are different so you will require the vet loom or be handy with modifying the loom and plugs

2 Likes