K3-VE2 Rally cam Map

camshaft map.pdf (387.1 KB)

5 Likes

Awesome work Mick!

1 Like

Hi there. Just a quick question is this map is for intake only or both intake & exhaust cam

This is the exhaust profile mapped out. The only difference between the standard Sirion and rally Sirion was the exhaust cam. The rally cam is a regrind, so you could simply have your original re-ground to match this profile:

Thanks! i thought it is for the intake side since the original K3-VE2 storia cam is a high duration cam. Will attach the picture.

This is from Daihatsu Storia K3-VE2 intake side. So i’m assuming, the cam map you gave is the rally type which installed to exhaust side on top of the original intake cam

1 Like

Correct, the cams from the K3-VE2 are better than those from the K3-VE.
The exhaust cam from the limited Rally edition that was released in the UK is a bit better again.
We (@KuetheMotorsport and I) measured valve lift, and it is the same on both the rally cam and the standard K3-VE2 cam, it is only duration that is different.
The specs for the standard K3-VE and K3-VE2 are listed in the Sirion/Terios workshop manual towards the end under technical information.

Have you measured the cam duration for the original K3-Ve2 intake cam? In the manual it is just the lobe height.

Duration is also shown in the manual, I think second last page or so

Yes correct. It is under valve timing. Just need to do some Math.

K3-VE2 OEM Cam
Intake : 260 degree
Exhaust : 227 degree

Sirion Rally 2 Exhaust Cam : 242 degree (If i read the graph right :sweat_smile:)

Anyway thanks @Mick!

Yes seems about right, I have the original excel file I’ll post later when I find it, there you have the exact numbers.

Here is a screenshot from the manual for future reference

1 Like

For future reference. I post here the comparison.

2 Likes

Lobe Dimensions on the rally exhaust cam will be smaller as it’s a regrind cam, next time I have the valve cover off I’ll take some measurements to add to the spreadsheet.

1 Like

Also intake cam opening and closing times on the rally will match the standard K3-VE2

1 Like