How to install a L200 TRXX Cluster into a TRXX

This information was ported from original daiforum.net
I am not the original creator of this information, this was created by Levi

Levi:

Hey everyone, I’d just like to share a guide that I recently compiled.

This is to install a TR-XX instrument cluster into an L200S Mira.
For the uninformed, this is a highly desirable upgrade as you will have a fully functional, fantastic looking tacho!

When I first began the installation for myself, I found there was little, to no information online to assist in the process.

So after some severe head-scratching, several hours on the verge of rage-quit and a single blown fuse thrown in for kicks…the task was done.

To hopefully spare others’ the torture (especially those with a lack in electrical confidence) of figuring it all out, I decided to put together this guide.

This is for the manual version only, but I dare say there would be significant similarities with the automatic version also. There will also be some variations between certain models which may or may not have the seatbelt warning light for example…anyways…enjoy!

If you don’t have a wiring connector to use with the TR-XX cluster, you can just connect the wires directly to their locations on the cluster itself.

You must first extend all of the wires from the body loom as they will be far too short to reach the cluster comfortably.

For example, the Yellow w/Blue wire for the fuel signal, can be attached to the screw directly next to the letters ‘FU’.

The Yellow wire for the Temperature signal, can be attached to the screw directly next to the letters ‘TU’.

Below is an example of the wires connected. I used the same colour wires as it’s all I had at the time.

I hope this rough guide has been helpful to you, feel free to let me know in the comments if it has. This is all of my own work and photos.

You may share this link and photos wherever it may be of use, on the condition that all credit remain solely mine.

Cheers, Levi.

Thanks so much, this guide will be a big help. I assume wire 17 to the ignition coil is what drives the tach? Also did you just solder wires 2 and 4 to each connector ribbon tab?

Sorry mate as listed above I didn’t write this guide I just ported it over from the old forum

The guide was done by @Levi

Yeah dude coil is tacho signal and I did indeed solder them straight on. Like I said, be careful with it as the circuit board can tear easily

thanks, I wired up all the spots but 2 and 4 yesterday. And when I tested, I just tried connecting ignition, the ground and individual parts, like illumination/indicator etc. Will the cluster function at all without without a connection to the diodes/grey box thing?

I actually think it will. From what I remember the grey thing is for catalytic converter temperature light. The white /red I believe is alternator charge light

Hi, for those wanting to use plugs and not go direct to the back i found out that L500 cluster plugs seem to fit perfect but you just need to repin and the colors are wrong but it’s a small thing when the plugs fit. also i have included a photo of what type of trxx cluster i did this on since they all seem the very, it’s a slight grey face.