Hi, handivan from Sydney

Thanks for taking me into the dai family :heart:
Since my hilux is using 14L/100, just bought an L700 handivan drove it back from Melbourne unregistered. Super impressed by 5.4L/100km economy and how incredibly cute it is.
I’ve already fabricated extractors, a straight through 1.5" mandrel exhaust and started gathering an amr500, intercooler, FPR, BOV, guage and hunting for a used piggyback now…

Unfortunately the little ej-de randomly started smoking like cheech and chong, after I just got it registered :joy: After reading a few members posts, I have a feeling the oil channels in the pots got the notorious blockage and majorly fried the rings in the space of a week. Maybe because the previous owner left me about 1l, of what may have been oil a long time ago, in the sump :expressionless:
I tried those stop smoke and valve seal additives, but it hasn’t helped.
I tried the search function, eBay and trusty google but cant seem to find a rebuild kit.
If anyone is listening, I would greatly appreciate your help.
Peace

1 Like

Hi mate welcome to the forum sounds like the typical gummed rings of an ej Try going into a local autoparts store they maybe able to help more to get what kit you are after. Have you tried looking in the daihatsu directory section on here yet? You may find a link that is what you need.

1 Like

Thanks evilhighway, I’ll get right onto it. It’s like driving a smoke machine, until it warms up.

hmm that sounds a bit like valve stem seals.

Cheers :blush:
Ordered;
Piston rings from $130 Bursons
Gates timing belt and pump kit $192 EBay
Head and rocker cover gasket $128 EBay
Valve stem seals $40 Ali express

2 Likes

hi and welcome to the forum, sounds like you have a cool project happening there :slight_smile:

1 Like

Finished the extractors and exhaust. It’s getting 5.1l/100km on E10! :joy:

4 Likes

The rings were clogged up bad!

4 Likes