Hey from Rob

Short update and question for those in the know (pretty much everyone but me): So looks like the tax man is going to be kind to me this year and the chance to get myself a Dai sooner than later is going to happen. Hopefully will have the funds in the next few weeks :slight_smile:

So I’ve been looking around gumtree, fb marketplace, carsales etc and there is a few Sirions around and the odd L251 as well. So from my limited research it seems as though it would be easier to get parts for the L251 (Malaysia, Japan, local), given I’m assuming most parts would be same as L250 models. What are others opinions or experience/knowledge on this?

I’m really starting to think about getting an L251, I like that its smaller (lighter) than the Sirion, in my opinion has the potental to look better, only comes with the 3 cylinder as standard which I love the sound of, and still has great potential for engine swaps as per Skid Factory. Although I’m not technically skilled at this stage to do such a swap. My greatest concern is that there doesn’t seem to be as many around. Oh well, I know ultimately I will have to choose between the Sirion and L251, just interested on what others here may think.

2 Likes

Another update, finally got myself a Dai … a Hyundai Getz. Yep a generic car which I kind of wanted to avoid but ended up being an ok choice for me. Unfortunately it means I can’t be a part of this awesome community :frowning:

But the car I’ve got will fulfil the practical requirements of a daily I need, and its a 1.6L 3 door manual which has enough poke to be fun once I add a few mods. So thanks to you all for listening to my babbling and answering my questions, best of luck and I’m sure this community will continue to be great with such helpful and good people on board. :slight_smile:

Rob.

3 Likes