Green l700 1.3

i first ran sirion cv’s etc then the lower arms bind …and forces about 3 degrees of camber
it’s a nasty set up!

Google Photos

iprefer the sirion hubs and brakes though …those under 13 x 5.5 fit nicely :ok_hand:

Google Photos

suspension is an interesting debate!!
I’ve churned through a few versions
i’m back to Japanese brands …but really depends how serious you’re going to go with it?
for strett/ish I like the kyb excel slightly uprated shocks with 2.7kg springs
this is still pretty hard tho
i reckon too many people over spring these cars and make them handle in fairly scary manners
what’s your budget and expectation?

1 Like

well budget is what it needs to be really. just means things will slow down a little.
for rims im happy to go expensive because ive looked at 2nd hand and cheap and they just arnt what im looking for.
for coilovers id love bc coils but i dont know if thats over kill, im thinking mid range Malaysian coilovers and see how they go.
i will be doing casual hill climb days and the odd track days but mostly just a weekend warrior in the adelaide hills.

Do BC make a set for L7?
Personally I spend a lion share of my budget on suspension
Depends a lot on what you want to be used to
I’ve never had any love for BC in the past
Not sure how the range is seen of Malaysia based products. But apart from a rebuilt version of ftuned I’ve only found them rubbish
But admittedly I start with mca and work back
Have been trying to suit Koni inserts but shock bodies aren’t right

My current fave is tein or take-off …I just trust Japanese made so much more

Helps when you’re friends with the owners too I guess :nerd_face:

Never even looked at the tein coils.
Oh well next time.

Did some stuff on the weekend. Utilized the parts from a car I stripped.
Rear hatch with no dents, check
Front guard that I haven’t destroyed doing skidz, check.

Still on the hunt for a straight bonnet but may be able to bog the dents on mine, just unsure if the metal has stretched to far out.

Will need to find my body kit from Malaysia now then get to a cheap closed door respray.

I’m bloody loving these series 2 lights. Haha

2 Likes

Well as the rains have come it’s been harder to get myself motivated.
I work until 5:30 as well so getting outside to work on the car in the rain with a head torch on is just not that enticing. But this weekend got some bits and pieces done which was exciting.
[img]

[/
Finally got my suspension in the mail.
I say finally because it’s taken me almost a year to decide what direction to go.
Being the vehicle cost me next to nothing I couldn’t justify spending 2k on coilovers. This Mira will never really see any real race tracks only some recreational hillclimb events.

I really like how easy these vehicles are to work on and the result was pleasing. Next I need new tie rod ends and adjustable camber plates.

The difference is dramatic and the stiffness of the new setup is great. Not sure how I’m going to get it out my drive way yet. Very excited to go through the hills too.

The ride height I’m happy with for now but I need a wheel alignment and tyres before I can think about it.

This is my helper Ollie. Not much of a driver but an excellent passenger.

I also picked up some rims along my way thanks to some dai fam.
Anyone know what they might be or where I can find a Centre cap for them?

I would love to know the brand. They are a 2 piece Japanese rim. I’m thinking to go polished lip, gloss black Centre and polish the face up.
Anyways I’m getting close now to being able to rego her again. Just need to work out how to paint it all one colour and install my wing.
More on that to come.

5 Likes

The wheels look a little like SSR Super Mesh wheels without the centre caps. I have known to be wrong.

1 Like

damn, thats the closest ive gotten. They are so close but look slightly different under the center cap area. its doing my head in. lol I assume they are a jap knock off of a ssr super mesh.
I do wonder if that center cap will just work tho

Well I’ve been racing the clock, I ordered my new tyres and they have come faster than I thought so the bloke who’s fitting them is sitting on them While I faff around.
But I like pics so here is some progress pics.

After pulling out some of the assembly bolts from one of the rims it became clear that I wasn’t going to find a socket cap screw, in a gold finish with an m5 thread and a m6 head.

So I had to buy some 12.9 hitensile bolts and machine them all down. All 80 of them haha

After the machining I needed to make sure they didn’t rust.
So I needed them zinc plated. I went for gold zinc.
Not the same finish as they were but good enough and they won’t rust so hopefully they look ok.
They took long enough.
My missus was a good sport while I was taking the burrs off them on the couch as it’s currently 1 Deg Celsius outside.

Now the centers are out and off to be garnet blasted.
I went to do it tonight but they are changing the garnet in the blaster so will get to it tomorrow arvo then off to paint Thursday night.

Also bolts are back. What do you think?
I’m going to go for a washed out gold lug but as well. So hopefully will look ok. If it doesn’t will have to start all over again hah (not funny)

Hopefully my next post will be rubber on these tyres and a wheel alignment.

5 Likes

Looking good, post your wheel and tire specs once you’ve fitted them, would be a good reference for me.

I sure will.
They are 14x6 +38 4x100 mesh 3 piece rims.
Went to paint today so hopefully early next week can get them assembled and off to get rubber on.

Really happy with the blast.
Well a little deep here and there but I’ll put that down to learning. Lol.

Getting the gunmetal grey 2pac treatment today/tomorrow and will get them back early next week.
Excited is an understatement.
Now I need to do the sway bar mod and machine up some spacers, replace my tie rod ends (if I can find some) and get camber strut top hats and I’m don’t for suspension/front end for a min.

Eyeballing factory k3vet turbo parts now.

1 Like

I have a factory K3vet intercooler if you need it. Part of the intake side has been chopped back by a former owner , unsure why. Is infact the factory intercooler off Turbo Yoda’s current l251 build. Hit me up if you want it.

1 Like

Hey Mate,
Have you got the whole system? I work for a intercooler manufacturer so most probably wont need that 1 part, however manifold, turbo, sump air intake and ecu are all of interest.

Sorry mate that’s a negotiator. Only got the Intercooler

1 Like

no worries, i appreciate the offer. vet parts are hens teeth here.

Ok, it’s taken a minute more that I wanted but let’s be honest this whole build has taken a few years and still looks closer to going to the crusher than being a clean af daily.
But here they are.

They tuck the guards with what I would describe as dream offset. I couldn’t be more happy.
Wrapped in some federal 155 55 r14 for a touch of stretch.
Feels so much more planted now.
Lug nuts and lock nuts arrive tonight.
Just need to find some Centre caps and I’m golden on the wheels, suspension and brakes for now.

Next is to fit my wing and get some tint happening and an exhaust.

This car loves to chew the $$ haha

9 Likes

Wow!!! What a fantastic amount of work you put in your L700! The stance is great on your car. Really like the suspension kit you have. Where did you get that and what did it cost?

Keep up the good work!:sunglasses:

2 Likes

Hey Rubble, The coil over kit is an IMP kit form Malaysia. I got it through a friend on facebook. If you get on the l7 addicted Facebook page and ask someone there will be able to hook you up. I got them in part trade so the exact price eludes me right now im sorry. but around the $5-600 aud.

well its kinda been a while since i posted… I don’t even have a good excuse. i suppose life!
But the little green guy has had a few new bits and pieces worth mentioning. Ill try and post the bits and pieces over the next few days of where I’m up to… Its good to be be back working on this thing. Its costing me more than i had ever thought right now but the out come should be fun.
So if your reading this thank you for stopping by and hold on for some pics, just sorting through my phone for them.

10 Likes

well next we need to address the severe need for some tint on those windows. Something I’ve often overlooked in cars and up until now have not really thought super important as it doesn’t help me go faster… well ill be first to say I’m dumb because tint is awesome.
I went for a 150mm strip of limo tint on the top of the front window because race car. and then went for some 20% of the rest.
super happy with the out come and so much nicer to drive during the day.

You may also notice the sneaky addition of a new wing in the back there.
this little sucker came straight out the motherland of Malaysia and is pretty good quality. the little mounting straps they give you to mark where to drill the holes is genius.
couple of holes and some silicone sealant and she’s mint.
i still need to give it proper surface finishing and sealing but the vehicle is just sitting in the shed for now so not an issue until i finally finish the car as paint will be the very last thing to do.

4 Likes