Gramps (1991 Applause Ri Sports)

If anybody is looking for parts other than the drivetrain i have a whole interior worth in my spare car…

1 Like

Probably want to snap it up asap though, never know how much longer it will be that price or still in stock

Up to you if you want to risk missing out

Fair point, true. Oh by the way, do you happen to know how to take the front bumper and grille off, want to change to the 2nd gen grille but don’t know where to start haha

More bolts than I care to remember.

The gen 2 grill has small plastic clips you can release it off the metal radiator support but be careful them as I’ve snapped more than i can remmber and ended up screwing it in to stay

Just start taking stuff off and try to remember how to get it back on haha

The strut I sent you is now about 65 bucks. I doubt it will get any cheaper but the price is now ridiculously low https://www.repco.com.au/en/brands/monroe/monroe-gt-gas-with-reflex-suspension-strut/p/A9250814 see if they can send it to your local store and collect it

1 Like

Thats pretty good. Ended up buying 2 for the rear should be here sometime next week

One rear left and one rear right? Thought it was only rear left :thinking::thinking::thinking:

from other listings i found online, i think theyre the same all round but the drum brake model is different, ill see when i go to install

How did the install turn out? Any problems??

Haven’t done them yet haven’t had time, also considering putting lowered springs in while the struts are out.

It’s been a while but I finally got around to lowering the car on king springs with new struts and tophats to suit. Also installed twin 12" subwoofers in the boot hooked up to the cassette deck doesn’t sound too bad (aftermarket radio had some issues).

Engine has a weird ilde surge when the brakes are on drops to around 700rpm and vibrates if anyone knows any fix it would be appreciated.

2 Likes

check for any vacuum leaks around the brake booster and line