EJ L200 Track/Street 😎

yep, what evilhighway said, easiest way to find out, so i was told, is see what gearbox linkages you have,cable is EF while rod is EJ, unsure of ED.

Most ef-el or ed10 based pressure plates have to little clamping pressure for an ej-de. I prefer EF-EL flywheel due to the reduced mass over the ej. I use one modified for more clamping force. Clutch plate itself is probably not your problem. If working to allow enough slip for take off and then is not slipping it should be fine.

Have you done anything with the linkage cables and even clutch cable. I would have a good look at them prior to digging deeper.

It came off a Ef-el. Just crunches going into gears/might not even be able to go into gear. But put into gear whilst the car is off is fine and start and doesnt slip. Clutch cable was replaced with a brand newie.

your problem sounds like a shifter cable issue

2 Likes

Did it with the old and the brand new cable as well :confused:

Hmmm weird…wonder if its worn forks then

Does it crunch going into every gear or just some?

Could get into 1st but reverse is impossible without grinding it hardcore or turning it off to put it into gear :confused: so frustrating :joy:

Something wrong in one area of the selectors. If you say it has done this with diff gearboxes then a cable is not aligned right or something wrong in the gearstick levers.

I have had trouble with the internal selectors one a couple of boxes. I have a good spare box here now and it selects by hand while sitting on the floor. Can you get under and manually get all gears?

1 Like

Hey there :slight_smile:

Hoping you can tell me where to find the “wiring conversion guide”. Please.

:smiley:

1 Like

Daiforum has docs in the document tab. I have uploaded them all to my build thread also!

1 Like

I think I’ve found it in your build thread, thanks :grin:

I was a little confused though, as one of the diagrams mentions L500/L600 and we have L200s … :grin:

What size are those fins dude? Look to be 14"?

14"s yes :ok_hand:

Little update: Modplated and nearly ready to rumble! i had the chance to drive it around the block and was impressed/10. Cant wait to actually drive it!

For those playing at home about the gearbox/clutch game. Can’t select 1st/reverse when running but when driving can go 1 through to 5th and vice versa…But at at a stand still hates life… Will be changing clutch next to one of the Malaysian ones and seeing how it goes.

Rego! Its time to enjoy it for a bit! Hopefully dont have too many teething problems. a few have been pointed out but will see how it all goes! Ordered a new black dash mat to replace the ripped grey one :ok_hand:

3 Likes

Few weeks rego and only driven a handful of times. Its getting more enjoyable but finding more and more faults.
Out with the old grey dash mat

And in with a brand new Black one :sunglasses:

And also the cheap ‘restore’ of the black plastic with the use of a simple heat gun :ok_hand:

Also found a old photo of my brothers L80 that had a franken motor and eventually turboed. It was a fun little car :joy:

4 Likes

My brother is using my car for a bit while his is off the road and he had a N2O kit lying around so for some shits and giggles on it went…

Although the car didn’t accept the Nos on some test runs before the Dyno day we still managed to crack a bottle open and spray it directly in the intake. Wideband was still reading fine. And we walked about with the lowest Hp… Only about 1300hp away from making the highest Hp on the day :joy::joy:

But on the conquest to go faster i have decided that it will probably cop some boost sometime in the futrue, slowly gathering parts now to make the install later fast and easy :grin: So far just have a new intake mainfold, trxx dash and tach adapter to convert the Cop signal to the dash. log turbo manifold with no turbo flange atm as still not sure on the turbo, will most likely run a Standard 1JZ Ct12 turbo.
Anyone know of anything to do before putting the turbo on to ensure the Ej takes the boost ‘well’
Thicker/double head gasket? and while the head is off might as well get just a clean, freshen up and skimmed. Will either just run standard ecu and up the Fpr or spend the extra to get the Link ecu and plug and play for Ej from compact motorsport…

3 Likes

Been a while since an update. But made some major changes and swapped over to the Trxx front and rear bar and bonnet, The guards had to get chopped and modded to suit the different lights. After all that was done, i suppose it was time to paint it. This was suppose to all be for the ‘Graffiti Mira’ but changed it up to have just one ‘good’ Mira. Hopefully more little updates as we go :blush::v:

5 Likes

More photos of the painting stage.
Engine bay and inside was done in jet black. The motor wasn’t taken out so some bits are still white.

Just about ready for the first coat to go down.

First coat done :sunglasses:

First wash done. I still have to try to remove some bugs that decided to play in the clear But looks alright for a shed paint job :joy:
Uploading: 20200426_142747.jpg…

6 Likes