Dale's G202 named Colan

Sold the Nissan Poosar today and paid the last payment on a G202, and we took it home.
You can complete a MR1 form online which makes buying unregistered cars easier in SA.
I also insured the car today too.

According to the sticker under the bonnet it still has 70,000 km before the timing belt

And of course I agreed not to modify it but I can’t help replace out of production items with items of superior performance.

5 Likes

Don’t think “modification”, just re-engineer as required.

Nice buy. Appearance wise I love this sort of thing.

1 Like

Great score man. I love the cb series over the h series even if underpowered I would still love a g202 agian. This is very presentable too. well done :slight_smile:

1 Like

Better to be on the limit of an under powered then to never be on full power in an over powered car

3 Likes

Looks pretty clean. Good score!

1 Like

Things that need not immediate attention
LH wheel bearings
RH lower control arm
Both driveshafts

2 Likes

Is that a 3 cyl ?

1 Like

Why yes it is. I do like a cb24 engine.

2 Likes

I gave been collecting parts for repairs and modifications

I will also be changing the head unit for my Eclipse CD3424 from 2005, so I will have digital cross overs to run my 6.5 inch splits and for now I will be using 7x10s for bass only, until I can afford 2 6 inch Massive Sumo subs.

5 Likes

It’s been some time now and the car has been very reliable. There is however a small issue of water coming in near the fire wall from the fresh air plenum. This issue has caused me to name the car, Colan. Short for colander.

Of the known issues, I have collected parts but replaced none.
I changed the head unit again for a new JVC and fitted one of the amps. The 7x10s have becomes subwoofers, the front 6.5" speakers are running off the head unit, and all high and low pass filters are controlled digitally via the JVC.

4 Likes

Colan has kept on keeping on, and as such I am donating to him a cb60.
There will be a boosty go fast parts added at some stage but first the Handivan.

3 Likes

great choice

1 Like

Bought a sc14 supercharger. It was $200.
Need a decent carby next. Either a Weber IDF or IDA

3 Likes

Are you sucking through or expecting to blow through. To blow through you may need to addboost pressure into the inspection cover. I did this with a set of Weber DCOEs for my Datsun back in the 80’s. For example, the Lotus Esprit Turbo Delhortos here
have a pipe in centre for manifold reference pressure. These by contrast for a NA application have a black plastic cover in the middle with two screws that lets atmospheric pressure in.

3 Likes

Hey mate, excellent question. This one is also draw through.
After some reading it will definitely be a Weber IDF as it has a cruising circuit and the IDA doesn’t.
To give you an idea how big the sc14 is, it displaces the same air as an Eaton M90.

1 Like

The sc14 appears to be in good condition. Although the engine it came from appears to have pumped through some crank case oil in it’s previous life.
This blower was originally purchased by the previous owner 20 years ago and it sat on his shelf.

3 Likes

Colan’s starter motor was playing up since day one. I finally replaced it and the battery also died, a donor was found from Wooki3.
I’m heading back to U Pull It on Saturday for m300 lower control arms, brakes and hubs.

3 Likes

This steering wheel was donated from Wooki3 to Colan. Good to put it to use.

4 Likes

Finally fixed Colan.
Good second hand lower control arms, new CV shafts, new gearbox seals and new gearbox oil. Now for a wheel alignment.

Also installed a new steering wheel.

2 Likes

Updated the steering wheel.

3 Likes