Charade G201 1.6 Gti 16v

Hey there,

decided to open a thread for my Charade Gti.
What you are going to see here is mainly some basic stuff to make her roadworthy again.

Also started this as a request from @Mokeman

4 Likes

Replaced front brake pads + rotors yesterday:

But now I’m running into some serious issues for the rear break rotors, at the dealership they told me in whole Europe the brake rotors we’re not available anymore. The rear is a bearing, hub and rotor in one. And when you order this a an regular parts store you run into this problem:

3 Likes

Cool car! sorry I can’t help with the brakes.

1 Like

Back pads + oem rotors came in, thanks to Natan from the daihatsu performance enthousiasts facebook page.

If anyone knows the torque specs for the central nut please let me know.

3 Likes

It has been a while since my last post, so time for an update.

The OZ F1’s were a little worn so I started refurbishing them. All of them had loads of curb rash damage from their previous owner.

Started sanding with P180 and give them some filler. after that a p320 and some spray filler and p600 to make the surface smooth for painting.

I made the choice to leave the tires on, this because I have seen to many people taking brand knew rims to a tireshop en get them scratcht up.

I wanted to give the rims a grey color that was just a little bit brighter than they were. So i chose for matte RAL9007

In the painting booth I was afraid that the colour was going to turn out bronze, but when I took them outside they looked absolutely amazing.

OZ Racing F1 15" et37 7J with Hankook Ventus prime 3 195/50/15

5 Likes